PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE BARS
- 1 box angel food cake mix- the 1 step kind
- 1 15oz can Pumpkin
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 8oz pkg. reduced fat cream cheese
- few tablespoons of water, to be mixed with cream cheese
I let the cream cheese soften on the counter for a while then I added it to my stand mixer & beat it with a couple of tablespoons of water until smooth. I just wanted it to thin out a little bit.
In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, water, & cinnamon together until it is smooth & well mixed.
In a 9x13 pyrex dish- sprayed with PAM- add HALF of the cake –pumpkin mix. Then smooth it out with a rubber spatula. Drizzle half of the cream cheese over the top of it and take a small spatula to smooth it over the top. Add remaining cake-pumpkin mix & also the remaining cream cheese just making layers.
Finally take a butter knife- stick it into the mix and go back & forth over the top of the cake making figure “8’s” - to blend it a bit.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until filling is just set (the middle will still jiggle a little bit). Cool the bars in the pan and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. 350
You'll also love
- (Crockpot) Beef and Broccoli 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Ultimate Coconut Cake - Martha... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Hot Onion & Cheese Soufflé Dip 4.4/5 (51 Votes)
- Zucchini Side Dish 4.3/5 (55 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- "Blueberry Cream Cheese Bars" 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Bars 3.7/5 (366 Votes)