Spicy Three-Cheese Bacon Bites
- 1 loaf (18 inch) baguette French bread, cut into 36 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled crisply cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Place bread slices with sides touching in single layer on parchment paper. Brush with oil.
2 Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until bread is toasted. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients except 1 tablespoon of the chives.
3 Spoon mixture on toasted bread slices; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
4 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Slide parchment and bread onto wooden cutting board or serving platter so guests can pull them apart. Serve warm.