Salmon Mousse ( Silver Palate Cookbook) adapted
- 1 env unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 C cold water
- 1/2 C boiling water
- 1/2 cup mayo (prefer Best Foods)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 T grated onion
- Dash Tobasco
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh finely chopped dill
- 2 C finely flaked poached fresh salmon or canned salmon skin and bones removed (fresh much preferred poached in champagne)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Garnish: Dill, watercress
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1.Soften gelatin in the cold water in a large bowl. Stir in boiling water and whisk mixture slowly until the gelatin dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
2. Whisk in the mayo, lemon juice, grated onion, Tabasco, paprika salt and dill.
Stir to blend completely and refrigerate until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, about 20 minutes.
3.Fold in the finely flaked salmon. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it is thickened to soft peaks and fluffy. Fold gently into the salmon mixture.
4.Transfer the mixture to a 6-8 cup bowl or decorative fish mold. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. Garnish and serve with toasts, pumpernickel or crackers
At least 12 servings