Prize Winning Meatloaf
Prize Winning Meatloaf is one of the best meatloaf recipes. It originated from the recipe printed on the Quaker Oats container years and years ago. An old-fashioned recipe like this never goes out of style, so it's a smart idea to keep it around. After all, meatloaf is a great weeknight meal for families. And because it's made with few ingredients, it's budget-friendly, too. You can't go wrong with this prize-winning recipe. It just goes to show that you don't need anything fancy to make an award-winning dinner.
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats, quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from quakeroats.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
Press into 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
Bake 1 hour to medium (160°F) doneness until not pink in center and juices show no pink color.
Let stand 5 minutes; drain off any juices before slicing.
Plate, serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Creamy Oreo Pie 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Mile-High Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Roast Chicken 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Crispy French Onion Scalloped... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice Bake without Canned... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Bon Appetit's Best Beef & Bacon... 3.9/5 (25 Votes)