Raspberry Balsamic Semifreddo
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. fresh raspberries
- 5 egg yolks, room temperature
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. black raspberry liqueur
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 c. seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tblsp. aged balsamic vinegar
Line the bottom & sides of a loaf pan with plastic wrap leaving 4" overhang on long sides.
1. Beat the cream. Refrigerate.
2. Using the back of a wooden spoon, press the raspberries through a fine sieve into a small bowl. Scrape any puree from the bottom of the sieve.
3. Place the egg yolks, 1/3 c. sugar & the liqueur in a bowl over a double boiler.
4. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until the mixture is thick & almost doubled in volume. About 5 minutes.
5. Remove the bowl from the water & fold in the raspberry puree.
6. Wash & dry the beaters & again over a double boiler place the egg whites, 1/3 c. sugar & salt.
7. Beat until light, fluffy & shiny. About 3 minutes.
8. Remove from heat & continue beating until meringue is very thick. About 2 more minutes. Set aside.
9. In a small bowl whisk the raspberry jam & balsamic vinegar until smooth.
10. Fold the custard mixture into the meringue & then fold in the whipped cream until no streaks remain.
11. Dollop the jam mixture over the top & fold in with just a few long, gentle strokes to create swirls.
12. Scrape the mixture in prepared pan. Smooth the top.
13. Wrap the loaf pan with the plastic wrap.
14. Freeze at least 6 hours & up to 3 days.
15. Slice the semifreddo into 1" slices & serve.
You'll also love
- BACON CHEESE SPREAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallop Canape 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Broccoli Cheddar... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Lime Chicken Enchilada 0/5 (0 Votes)
- OLD FASHIONED PEACH COBBLER 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Romaine Cranberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Applesauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Pizzelle... 0/5 (0 Votes)