Freezing Corn on the Cob
Servings: 0 servings
When the corn comes in, it is so good that you get sick of eating it. These instructions for freezing that goodness will allow you to enjoy it all year long.
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full with water. Bring to a boil.
- Fill another large pot, or bowl, with ice water.
- Husk corn; remove the silk with a gentle brush; remove all bad spots.
- Sort corn into similar sizes:
- Small – 1 1/4 inch diameter
- Medium – 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch diameter
- Large – over 1 1/2 inch diameter
- Blanche corn in boiling water according to sizes. Start timing as soon as the corn enters the water.
- Small – 7 minutes
- Medium – 9 minutes
- Large – 11 minutes
Cool corn in ice bath for same time as blanching. Drain thoroughly and place in Ziploc freezer bags, sucking the air out with a straw. To reheat from frozen, cook in boiling water for 5 to 6 minutes, or 3 to four minutes in the microwave on high.