Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Sage Butter
- 1 large baking potato (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup Basic Batter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Microwave the potato on high until tender, about 12 minutes; let cool slightly. Peel and mash until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine the potato, ricotta and parsley. Stir in the batter and season with salt. Stir in the flour. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into a 3/4-inch-thick rope. Cut the dough crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, for 5 minutes; stir and cook for 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a plate. Repeat with 2 more tablespoons butter, the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining mushrooms. Stir in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, the sage, nutmeg and reserved mushrooms; cover to keep warm.
In a pot of simmering, salted water, working in 3 batches, cook the gnocchi until tender and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a platter. Pour the mushroom mixture on top and toss.
You'll also love
- Coconut Poppy Seed Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chestnut Pasta Dough 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Angel Hair with Walnuts 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Mushroom Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Rigatoni All Amatriciana Rossa 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato Gnocchi with Roasted... 4/5 (1 Votes)