Lemon Orzo Salad with Asparagus, Spinach, and Tofu Feta
This salad is simple and fresh. I loved the crunchy asparagus with the tender, lemony orzo. The spinach added additional green goodness and the feta a perfect salty bite. Make this salad for a light lunch or serve it as a side dish to any spring meal.
- 1 cup orzo
- Salt-about 1/2 tsp. for boiling water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/3 cup tofu feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
1. In a medium sauce pan, bring 4 cups of water to boil. Add the salt. Stir in orzo. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain orzo and set aside.
2. In a small sauce pan, saute garlic in olive oil. Add in asparagus pieces. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Stir in spinach. Cook until asparagus is tender and the spinach shrinks down.
3. Put the orzo in a medium bowl and add in the vegetables. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the orzo and vegetables. Stir. Season with salt and pepper. Taste-add more lemon juice if you wish. The lemon I used was huge, so I only needed to use one lemon. If you need more juice, go ahead.
4. Sprinkle tofu feta cheese over the top of the salad. Serve warm. (I also liked the salad cold.)
You'll also love
- Strawberry Mango Jicama Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Barbecue Ribs in the Slow Cooker 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts With... 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pasta with Chickpeas and Garlic... 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Pad Thai Noodles 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheesy Asparagus Bites 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Penne with Tomato Garlic... 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Brown Rice Bowl with Asparagus and... 4/5 (3 Votes)