Boar's Head Sweet Vidalia Onions in Sauce
- 5 ripe tomatoes diced
- 4 cups sweet onions diced
- 3 cups red bell pepper diced
- 3 cups green bell pepper diced
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 TBSP pickeling salt
- 3 fresh jalapenos minced w/o seeds
- 4 packs gelatin (optional) depending on how thick you like it.
1. Add all ingredients except gelatin to large sauce pan or pot. Boil for 1.5 hours to reduce.
2. At this point, I still did not like the texture so I dissolved gelatin in a little cold water and continued to boil for 15 more minutes. I added mixture to prepared canning jars and put up. (Store in refrigerator) Hope you enjoy!