Sautéed Brussels Sprout Slaw with Sweet Peppers
Instead of a green salad, thinly slice brussels sprouts like cabbage, then cook them quickly to serve as slaw.
Rate this recipe 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- 2 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a large bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with the bell peppers and onion.
In each of 2 large skillets, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until browned in spots and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and garnish with the parsley. Serve right away.
You'll also love
- Mango Chicken Salad with Smoky Mayo 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Cajun Smothered Pork Chops 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Red Pepper & Cashew Hummus 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
Review this recipe