Roasted Red Pepper & Cashew Hummus
A delicious and decadent version of hummus made with smoky roasted red peppers and creamy cashews.
- 1 red pepper (capsicum)—deseeded and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic—roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 ounces (400g) canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)—rinsed and drained
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
PLACE the red pepper (skin side up) under a hot oven broiler (griller) for around 10 minutes or until the skin blackens all over.
REMOVE and cover the charred peppers with a clean dish towel or plastic wrap for 5 minutes to allow the steam to loosen the skin from the pepper flesh.
PEEL off the blackened skins and roughly cut the pepper flesh into pieces.
PLACE the roasted pepper, cashews, and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, scraping the sides occasionally.
Tip: Although the taste of freshly roasted peppers is superior, to save time you can use jarred roasted red peppers instead.