Lemon Crunch Pie
- 30 lemon-cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 (4-serving size) packages instant lemon pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drop candies (see Note)
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine the crushed cookies and butter; mix well. Spread into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, forming a crust. Bake 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Spoon the pudding evenly into the pie crust.
In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping and crushed candy; mix well. Spread over the pie filling, then cover loosely and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
You can use a blender or a food processor to crush the lemon drops. And you can even put them in a resealable plastic storage bag, seal, and pound with a mallet! Make sure to crush the lemon drops to a very fine powder before mixing with the whipped topping. Otherwise, they'll weigh it down.