Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Thousand Island Dressing
- 8 strips thick-cut maple-glazed bacon
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, plus more as needed
- 8 slices soudough bread
- 12 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Tbs. thousand island dressing
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Wipe out the skillet.
2. Heat the butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add 2 bread slices. Top each with 1/4 of the cheese and 2 srtips bacon. Spread 2 bread slices with some of the dressing and press them on top of the sandwiches, dressing side down. Cook until the cheese melts and the bread is golden, 3-4 minutes per side. Repeat to make 2 more sandwiches, adding more butter as needed.