Peach Vanilla Bean Bundt Cake with Peach Soaking Syrup
Peaches make this bundt cake taste even better!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh peaches
- 1/3 cup fresh peach puree, strained
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Adapted from weekofmenus.com
Place rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 350. Grease and lightly flour inside of 10 inch bundt pan.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
Using either a stand mixer (paddle attachment) or a hand mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar and beat at medium-high speed until the mixture is light in texture and color, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating for 30 to 40 seconds after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Beat in vanilla bean. At low speed, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with sour cream. (Add a bit of flour, a bit of sour cream, a bit of flour, a bit of sour cream, a bit of flour.)
Scoop half of batter into pan and spread with spatula. Sprinkle with peaches. Scoop remaining half of batter on top of peaches. Smooth with spatula.
You'll also love
- Knockwurst and Bratwurst 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Banana Mango Muffins 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Peach Iced Tea 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)
- White Chocolate Caramel Blondies 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Classic Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Polo Shirt Cake 4.4/5 (52 Votes)
- Official Woodland Bakery Fudge... 4.2/5 (81 Votes)