Simple Banana Bread
This is a basic sweet bread. The only addition to the basic recipe is 1 cup nuts (I use pecans. You could use any nut you prefer). There are spicier recipes but this is a basic.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 4 or 5 mashed bananas
- 1 cup chopped nuts( if you leave the nuts in large pieces it tears the bread when you cut slices)
Cream sugar and Crisco well. Add eggs and mix well. Combine flour and soda. Add to first mixture. Next add mashed bananas and chopped nuts.
Bake in a buttered and floured loaf pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Let cool for 5 minutes before taking out of pan.
You'll also love
- Tuna Noodle Casserole with Cream... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Wings and Gravy 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Onion Soup with Roquefort 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cauliflower and Brown Rice Quiche 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry-Pecan Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salad Dressing: Buttermilk Lime... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Brown Sugar Pound Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)