Holiday White Chocolate Coconut Bars
These make an excellent addition to a Thanksgiving gift basket, or a great desert for Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
- 1 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups dry oats (not instant)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 to 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
Melt nut butter, honey and coconut oil over medium-low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
Stir to combine until chocolate is fully melted. Coconut oil or parchment line the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Pour mixture into pan and cool in the fridge until solid.
When it is set, cut into bars or bites and enjoy! Store in the fridge, as they will soften on the counter.
Recipe submitted by Tamara, Spring, TX