- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 large onion - diced
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10-12 large potatoes – peeled and diced
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream or half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
In a large pot, saute onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic cloves until tender.
Add potatoes to pot and barely cover with cold water - some potatoes barely sticking out of water.
When potatoes are tender, add corn and seasoning; smash a few potatoes against the side of the pan – scrape off as this will thicken the soup. Add cream or half and half to desired consistency of soup. Heat through and serve.