Pumpkin Buttermilk Waffles
- 2large2 large eggs
- 1-1/2cups1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1stick1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1tsp1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2cup1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-3/4cups1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2tsp2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3tbsp3 tbsp sugar
- 2tsp2 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp1 tsp baking soda
- 1tsp1 tsp salt
- Optional: freshly whipped cream, pecans, and salted maple caramel sauce
Adapted from katiescucina.com
1. Preheat KitchenAid Waffle Baker.
2. In a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, mix on "stir" setting the eggs, buttermilk, unsalted, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree for 30 seconds.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix on "stir" setting for 10 seconds then bump up to speed 2 for an additional 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again for another 5-10 seconds.
5. Spray the KitchenAid Waffle Baker with cooking spray, ladle 1 cup batter into Waffle Baker. Cook for 3 minutes and 15 seconds.
6. Serve with freshly whipped cream, pecans, and salted maple caramel sauce