Hearty & Healthy Cranberry Quinoa Salad
Try this delicious Cranberry and Quinoa Salad and you’re sure to be surprised, as it’s not often you can find a recipe that is both festive and refreshing. Most holiday recipes are heavy and calorie-dense, leaving you feeling stuffed and lethargic.
This Cranberry Quinoa Salad is perfect for any time of year. It’s hearty enough to complement the holiday turkey, yet light enough to remind you of a warm spring day.
Bring it to the office for a light and healthy lunch or serve it at a family gathering, as it’s sure to be one of the most popular and talked about side dishes.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 ⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 ⁄4 cup toasted almonds, sliced
- 1 ⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from mindbodygreen.com
Cook quinoa according to package directions, transfer to bowl and refrigerate.
Once cool, combine quinoa, cranberries, scallions, almonds, cilantro and parsley in large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon (or lime) juice, olive oil, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over quinoa, stirring gently to coat.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)