Frozen Raspberry Mousse
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream , slightly softened
- 1 T powdered egg whites
- 3 T water
- 1 C raspberries
- 1/4 C seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 t fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 C heavy cream
Preparation time 20mins
1. Line long sides & bottom of 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 " loaf pan with waxed paper, with a little overhang along sides. Spread ice cream evenly over bottom of pan & up sides, forming a U- shape. Place in freezer until firm.
2. Meanwhile, stir together powdered egg whites & 3 T water in bowl to dissolve whites. Let stand.
3. Puree raspberries, jam, 2 T of sugar & lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Force through sieve with rubber spatula to remove seeds.
4. Beat egg white mixture until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 2 T sugar ; beat until stiff peaks forms.
5. With same beaters, beat heavy cream in large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold raspberry mixture, then egg whites, into beaten cream. Spoon into ice-cream lined loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight. To serve, unmold & slice. Garnish with berries if desired.