cookie - Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Vanilla Cinnamon Icing
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- dash of sea salt
- 1/3 cup grade B maple syrup (honey for SCD)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (also called coconut manna or creamed coconut)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon palm shortening or butter
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla beans (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
Adapted from againstallgrain.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
In the bowl of a stand mixer (or for a smoother texture, food processor), combine the maple, pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet while the mixer is running.
Scoop golf-ball size balls of dough onto a lined cookie sheet. Press down lightly with your palm to flatten them a bit.
Bake for 18 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool completely.
While the cookies are cooling, make the icing by pureeing all of the ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Leave at room temperature until you are ready to frost the cookies.
Skip the glaze and add chocolate chips or raisins to these cookies