Cherry Walnut Tart
- 8 ounces walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) Comstock® OR Wilderness® Cherry Pie Filling
Adapted from karosyrup.com
1.Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place walnuts in food processor. Pulse until finely ground.
2.CRUST: Combine ground walnuts, sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
3.FILLING: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar, corn syrup, lemon peel and vanilla. Spread cream cheese mixture in cooled walnut crust.
4.Chill at least 1 hour until firm. Spoon cherry pie filling over top, leaving 3/4-inch cream cheese around edge. Store in refrigerator.