Roast Beef Bruschetta
Roast beef and cream cheese makes basic bruschetta a hearty, 30-minute appetizer.
- 1 loaf (1 lb) baguette French bread, cut into 30 (1/4-inch) slices
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chive-and-onion cream cheese spread (from 8-oz container)
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked roast beef (from deli)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 plum (Roma) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 medium green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
1 Heat oven to 375°F. Brush both sides of bread slices with oil. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 5 minutes or until crisp. Cool 5 minutes.
2 Spread cream cheese over each bread slice. Top with beef; sprinkle with pepper. Top each with tomato slice and onions..