Beef Burgundy *(GOOD)*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1x1-inches pieces
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup burgundy wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounce package fresh mushrooms, cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 ups frozen pearl onions
Heat oil in medium skillet; add beef and bacon.
Stir to brown evenly. Remove from skillet and place in base of Tender Cooker. Pour wine and broth into skillet used to brown meat; stir and scrape pan to remove any browned meat. Pour hot liquid over beef; add remaining ingredients except flour, mushrooms and onions. Add gasket, cover and red weight.
Microwave on high for 25 minutes. Allow yellow stem to drop. Remove red weight; uncover. Remove meat with slotted spoon; keep warm. Discard bay leaf. Mix flour with small amount of hot cooking liquid; stir into remaining cooking liquid. Add mushrooms and onions.
Microwave, uncovered on high for 5 to 6 minutes;, stirring twice during cooking or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are crispy tender. Stir in beef. Serve over rice or noodles.