Pan-Seared Chicken with Balsamic Cream Sauce, Mushrooms and Onions
- 1 Medium Onion - Thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 Tbs. Butter – Divided
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms - Halved
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper – To Taste
Lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add 2 Tbs. butter, onions and salt and pepper. Cook until onions are nice and caramelized - About 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
In a separate pan, over medium-high heat, pan-sear the chicken breasts in remaining 3 Tbs. of butter. Brown on both sides - Remove from pan and set aside. (Chicken will not be fully cooking during this stage)
De-glaze the pan with chicken broth. Using a rubber spatula, scrape the pan and mix in any remaining bits of chicken. Let simmer 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, add heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, mushrooms and a little salt and pepper. Let simmer 10 minutes.
Add chicken breasts back to the sauce pan, and simmer until the chicken is cooked all the way through. About 10-15 minutes
Remove chicken breasts from the pan and plate. Add the Parmesan cheese and caramelized onions to the sauce and stir until the cheese is melted in to the sauce. Pour sauce over top of chicken.
Prep Time – 20 Minutes
Cook Time – 40 Minutes
You'll also love
- Meatball & Pasta Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BBQ Bacon Stuffed Meatloaf 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Broccoli & Tomatoes Recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic Ranch Wing Sauce 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Homemade Onion Soup Mix 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crock Pot Guinness French Onion... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tenderloin Tips with Mushroom... 5/5 (1 Votes)