Homemade Applesauce - Ree Drummond
The Pioneer Woman's recipe
- ◾ 6 pounds Apples, Peeled, Cored, And Cut Into 8 Slices
- ◾ 1 cup Apple Juice Or Apple Cider
- ◾ Juice Of 1 Lemon
- ◾ 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
- ◾ 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, More Or Less To Taste
- ◾ Optional Ingredients: Nutmeg, Maple Syrup, Allspice, Butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (don't fill too full; split into two portions if needed) until smooth.
Store in the fridge and serve by itself, over pork chops, over ice cream, over pancakes...or any place where applesauce is needed!