Penne Gorgonzola with Chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 6 to 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and minced fresh parsley
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
2. Add cream and broth; cook until sauce is slightly thickened and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese, sage, salt and pepper; cook just until cheese is melted.
3. Drain pasta; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and parsley. Yield: 8 servings.