Panko-Crusted Chicken with Roasted Corn Hash & Buttermilk Dressing
(Serving size: 3/4 cup corn mixture, 1 chicken cutlet, and 1 TBSP dressing)
(Per serving: 375 calories, 11.8g fat, 33.7g protein, 35.2g carbs, 558mg sodium, 18mg calcium, 3g fiber, 87mg cholesterol)
- 1 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 tsp paprika, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper, divided
- 2 (8 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, each cut in half lengthwise
- 4 ears yellow corn with husks
- 1 TBSP chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup panko (japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3/8 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 3 center cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 bottled roasted red bell peppers, chopped (about 4 oz)
- 1 TBSP bottles roasted red bell pepper liquid
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from cookinglight.com
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine 1 cup buttermilk, 1/4 tsp paprika and 1/4 tsp ground red pepper in a large zip top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
3. Place corn directly on oven rack. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool slightly; remove husks and silks. Cut kernels from ears of corn, and place in a large bowl; discard corn cobs.
4. Combine remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk, parsley, and lemon juice in a bowl.
5. Combine remaining 1/4 tsp paprika and remaining 1/4 tsp ground red pepper and panko crumbs in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 tsp salt. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
6. Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook 8 minutes, until crip. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add oil to drippings in pan. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done.
7. Combine remaining 1/8 tsp salt, corn, bacon, green onions, roasted red peppers and red pepper liquid in a large bowl. Divide corn mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each with 1 chicken cutlet. Drizzle with buttermilk dressing.
You'll also love
- Bubba's Shrimp & Grits 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Singapore Rice Noodles 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- CIDER BRINDER PORK CHOPS WITH... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Egg Mushrooms 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- The Best Roast Chicken with Garlic... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Patch Torte 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Ranch Dressing (Dairy-free, egg... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)