Beer-Braised Beef Short Ribs
- 5 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 14 ounce canbeef broth
- 1 12 ounce candark beer
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mashed potatoes or hot buttered noodles (optional)
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Place ribs in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add broth, beer, onion, molasses, vinegar, thyme, hot pepper sauce, and salt.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 11 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5-1/2 to 6 hours.
Using a slottled spoon, transfer ribs to platter; cover to keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with fresh thyme leaves.