Cajun Seafood Pasta
- 20 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 12 ounces fully cooked spicy sausage (such as andouille or hot links), sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seafood seasoning
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1 pound mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 1 3/4 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes (about 8 large)
- 18 uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 18 ounces halibut fillets, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound linguine
Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss garlic cloves with oil in small baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until garlic is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven; cool. Peel garlic and mash with fork. Set aside.
Melt butter in heavy large pot over high heat. Add sausage and mushrooms and cook until brown, about 7 minutes. Stir in Cajun seasoning. Add clams, mussels, clam juice, tomatoes and reserved roasted garlic. Cover pot and cook until clams and mussels open, about 6 minutes (discard any clams and mussels that do not open). Using tongs, transfer clams and mussels to large bowl. Add shrimp and halibut to cooking liquid. Cover and cook until opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Return clams and mussels to pot. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well. Transfer pasta to large bowl.
Spoon seafood sauce over pasta. Garnish with green onions and serve.