Old-Fashioned Coconut Custard Pie
Just like the one your mama or grandma used to make! Easy peasy recipe using just a few basic ingredients.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, room temperature (I used Jumbos)
- 1 cup whole milk, warmed to lukewarm
- 1/2 stick (1/4 c.) butter, melted and cooled to lukewarm
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, plus 1/4 cup for top
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry pie crust (I used a frozen Pet-Ritz, thawed)
Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 350° F.
Prep pie crust for a one crust baked pie as directed on package. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt. Whisk in eggs until well incorporated. Whisk in milk; then melted butter and vanilla. Stir in 1 1/2 cups coconut. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle pie with enough coconut to lightly cover the top (I used about 1/4 cup). Place pie on the hot baking sheet.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until center of pie doesn't jiggle when you lightly shake the pan.
Cool pie on a wire rack to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
You'll also love
- Za'atar Salmon 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Tangy Turkey Burgers 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- POTATO PAMPUSHKI WITH CHEESE... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Cherry Enchiladas 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Meatballs (Mulberry Italian... 4/5 (33 Votes)
- PARISIAN FLAN (FRENCH CUSTARD PIE) 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- Moist Fluffy Coconut Cake 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Lemon Custard Cake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)