- 5 1/2cups5 1/2 cups (2 1/4 pounds) unpeeled, chopped, and pitted fresh apricots
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
Adapted from leitesculinaria.com
1. Prepare three 8-ounce jars, lids, and screwbands for canning per the manufacturer’s directions.
2. Place the apricots and lemon juice in a large stockpot. Add the sugar. Let the mixture sit at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is mostly dissolved, about 1 hour.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Simmer the jam over medium heat, continuing to stir often, for 20 minutes or until the jam thickens and runs off the side of a spoon in heavy drops. Remove from the heat. Skim any foam that rises to the surface of the jam.
4. Fill and seal the hot jars one at a time, according to the manufacturer’s directions. Process the jars in the boiling water canner for 10 minutes. Use within 1 year.