Beef Stroganoff Soup -Paula's
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds sirloin tip roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 ounces thin egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Add beef, seal bag, and shake to coat.
In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add half of beef, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to pan, and cook remaining beef for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Return all beef to pan. Stir in mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add broth, Worcestershire, and thyme sprigs. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 1 hour or until beef is tender. Add egg noodles, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and mustard. Add to soup, whisking until combined. Remove thyme sprigs, and serve immediately.