Steak 'n Shake Chili
Don't know if this is really the Steak 'n Shake recipe for chili, but I can tell you it is yummy and easy to make! Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and green onions on top.
Rate this recipe 3.7/5 (131 Votes)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cola
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
Brown the ground beef in a large saucepan over medium heat. Do not drain.
Puree the soup in a blender for about 30 seconds or until smooth.
Add pureed soup plus remaining ingredients to browned ground beef. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until thick.
Optional: Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and some green onions on top.
You'll also love
- Perfect Apple Pie 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Ham and Cheese Sandwiches 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Beef Stew 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Asian Vegetable-Beef Soup 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Wasatch Mountain Chili 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe