Down Home Chicken and Noodles
This is a recipe from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. If you like it more soupy, just adjust with chicken stock. I served it with broccoli and garlic bread.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 10-3/4-oz. cans cream of chicken soup
- 14-1/2-oz. can chicken broth
- 16-oz. package wide egg noodles, cooked
Place chicken in a slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Top with both cans of soup. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred (I left the chicken breasts whole.) Return chicken to slow cooker; add broth and cooked noodles. Mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for an additional 30 minutes or until heated through. Sometimes I just throw in some leftover vegetables at this point, if I have any - like peas and/or carrots. Sometimes I add a little thyme, because I like the flavor.
You'll also love
- Burger Sliders (or Mini Man... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Chipotle Stuffed Chicken Breast 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Jaden's Chinese Beef Broccoli 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Parmesan Paprika Chicken 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles (One... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Noodles over Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)