Ham, Gruyere, and Shallot Pizza
- cornmeal for the pan
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, cut into thin rings and separated
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
1.Heat oven to 425º F. Sprinkle a rimmed baking sheet with the cornmeal. Shape the dough into a 14-inch circle and place on the prepared baking sheet.
2.Brush the dough with 1 tablespoon of the oil and bake until puffed and golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
3.Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the shallots, thyme, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
4.Top the partially cooked dough with the ham, shallot mixture, and cheese. Bake until the crust is crisp and the cheese has melted, 12 to 15 minutes.
Calories 305Fat 10gSat Fat 3gCholesterol 24mgSodium 865mgProtein 16gCarbohydrate 38gFiber 2g