Broccoli slaw salad with cranberries, almonds, and yogurt dressing
This is an excellent salad recipe. It keeps well and is a hit whenever I have served it.
- 1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1 12-oz package store-bought broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs agave nectar (or honey)
- 3 Tbs Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
1. In a small dry nonstick frying pan, toast the almonds over medium heat,
shaking the pan frequently, until just starting to brown. Remove from heat
and set aside to cool.
2. Add the broccoli slaw and cranberries to a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl.
Whisk together until the dressing is smooth and emulsified.
4. Pour the dressing over the broccoli slaw. Add the cooled almonds, and
stir well to combine. Let sit for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours,
stirring occasionally to redistribute the dressing that will settle on the
bottom of the bowl. (On warm days, refrigerate until ready to serve.)
5. Serve at room temperature or cool.
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)
Calories From Fat: 64
Total Fat: 7.6g
Comments: From the pantry, you'll need: almonds, dried cranberries,
extra-virgin olive oil, rice vinegar, agave nectar (or honey), Greek yogurt,
Dijon mustard, kosher salt, fresh black pepper.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -