Singkamas - Filipino Jicama Salad
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into long thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into long thin strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin lengthwise slivers
- 2 green chile peppers - halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Combine the jicama, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, green chile peppers, ginger, and carrot in a large bowl.
Whisk the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a separate bowl; pour over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.