MEAT LOAF CUPCAKES WITH MASHED POTATOES
- Potato Topping:
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (3/4-ounce) slices deli cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 6 (3/4-ounce) slices deli cheddar cheese, cut into quarters
- 2 cups mashed potatoes whipped with butter and milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place muffin pan onto 9 x 13 inch baking pan; set aside.
Combine all meatloaf ingredients except cheese slices in large bowl; mix well. Stack 6 cheese slices. Cut into 4 even strips; then cut across into thirds to create 12 small square stacks of cheese.
Shape about 1/3 cupfuls meatloaf mixture into 12 (2 1/2-inch) balls. Press 1 stack cheese into center of each ball, covering evenly with meat mixture so cheese is in center. Place stuffed meatloaf mixture into muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature is at least 165°F and meat is no longer pink.
Meanwhile, combine left over mashed potatoes and 6 cheese quarters and cook over medium-high heat until cheese is melted. Top each cupcake with about 3 tablespoons potato mixture over each meatloaf; sprinkle with paprika, if desired.