CARROT POKE CAKE WITH CHEESECAKE FILLING
- For the Cake:
- 1 box Carrot Cake Mix - Duncan Hines Classic Carrot Decadent
- Ingredients needed to make cake (eggs, oil & water)
- For the Filling:
- 2 (3.4 boxes) instant Cheesecake-flavored pudding
- 4 cups milk
- For the Topping:
- 1 (12 ounces) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or coconut, toasted; optional
Adapted from incindyskitchen.blogspot.com
Preparing the Cake:
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in carrots and raisins. Pour into 13x9-inch baking pan.
Bake 35 to 40 min. or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Let cool for a few minutes. Then, with a wooden spoon handle, large fork or skewer poke holes in the warm cake at 1/2-inch intervals. Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the cake. You want holes big enough so that the pudding has plenty of room to get to the bottom.
Preparing the Filling:
In a medium bowl, prepare instant pudding with milk, whisking until all the lumps are gone. Pour pudding over cake. Making sure to get right into the holes as much pudding as possible. Cover and put in the refrigerator to set for about 2 hours. Do not skip this step!!
Preparing the Topping:
Beat cool whip, cream cheese, cinnamon and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Spread onto cake. Sprinkle with nuts or coconut, if desired.