BLT Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/2 lb. russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1/4 lb. bacon, diced
- 2 c. sliced leeks (white part only)
- 4 T. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. half and half, marmed
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 T. minced oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 2 T. chopped fresh chives
- 1 t. kosher salt
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, 50-20 minutes.
Cook bacon in a saute pan until crips, then remove. Pour off all but 2 T. drippings. Saute leeks in drippings, then stir in cooked bacon.
Drain potatoes and return to the pan. Dry briefly over medium heat, stiring constantly. Mash potatoes; fold in all remaining ingredients.