Old-Fashioned Macaroni Salad
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound large elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces ham steak, finely chopped
- 2 stalks chopped celery, including leaves
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickled relish
- Kosher salt and pepper
To make the hard-boiled eggs: Add the eggs to a medium-sized saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring up to a boil over medium heat. Cover with a lid and turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 14 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water. Peel the eggs and chop. Reserve.
While the eggs are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and add the macaroni. Cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a large serving bowl, combine the eggs, ham steak, celery, shallots and lemon juice Add the macaroni and stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, pickled relish, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the dressing to the macaroni and toss to coat. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Cover and chill for 2 hours for the flavors to meld.
You'll also love
- Cossie Snyder Crab Cakes 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Elegant Holiday Dinner Menu: ... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Israeli Pasta Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spatzle(Drop noodles) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Linguine and Clams (Prince Pasta... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta - Fettuccine Margherita 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad (Paula Deen) Recipe... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- TUNA-MACARONI SALAD 3.5/5 (2 Votes)