Pasta - Fettuccine Margherita
From Quick Vegetarian Pleasures
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Cook the fettucine according to package directions, Drain thoroughly.
2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
3. Add mushrooms and saute until they brown and juices start to evaporate, about 7 minutes, Add the garlic and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add tomatoes and wine and boil 2 minutes, stirring often, Add the cream and salt and boil 1 minute.
5. Toss with fettucine and Parmesan and serve immediately.