frosting - Healthy banana frosting
- 2 large or 3 small ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/3 cup mild nut butter (e.g cashew)
- 2 tbs coconut oil- melted (not needed if frosting is not required to be extra thick)
- 3 tbs agave syrup
- Approx. 1/4 tsp stevia to taste
- 3 tbs fine coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Adapted from recipage.com
Blend dates and bananas until very smooth, add all remaining ingredients and blend until you have a thick smooth paste.
Chill the frosting to thicken up a little for piping, or use un-chilled for a cake filling or a spreadable ganache type frosting.