ICED OATMEAL APPLESAUCE COOKIES
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chunky-style applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons water
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend butter and sugars on low speed until combined. Add egg and applesauce, mix until well blended. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix in raisins.
Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool completely.
ICING: Whisk confectioners' sugar, syrup, and 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over cookies, let set.