Spinach and mushroom quiche
Excellent. Made it for Mandy's baby shower.
- For 9 inch quiche
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Monteray Jack Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- red/orange/yellow sweet bell peppers
- 1 clove of garlic
- If you want to make a larger quiche, double recipe
Chop mushrooms and bell peppers. Drain spinach and make sure all liquid is out of it. Mixture together mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach, garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Refrigerate overnight.
Make pie crust, do not bake. Mix in bowl eggs, half and half, and milk. Add the Spinach mixture to the egg mixture. Shred cheeses and mix together. Put one cup of cheese mixture on bottom of pie crust. Add one cup of cheese mixture to egg mixture. Add egg mixture to pie crust. Bake for approx. 30 minutes at 375, checking for doneness.