Sour Cream Apple Pie
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 6 cups 1/4-inch slices peeled baking apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
Adapted from pillsbury.com
Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. In large bowl, beat sour cream, granulated sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg with wire whisk until well blended; stir in apples. Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 30 minutes longer.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix all topping ingredients except butter. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
Sprinkle topping over pie. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.