Chicken-Couscous Bake with Capers and Tomatoes
- 4 thigh skinless chicken thigh(s), 5 (ounce)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned chicken broth, with lemon and herbs
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup(s) uncooked couscous
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomato(es)
Preparation time 7mins
Cooking time 33mins
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray; set aside.
Sprinkle the chicken with the pepper and salt. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Add the broth and capers to the skillet, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
Spread the couscous over the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the broth mixture over the couscous and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top of the couscous, then add the tomatoes. Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
Transfer the chicken and tomatoes to serving plates. Fluff the couscous with a fork and serve with chicken. Yields 1 chicken thigh with about 3⁄4 cup couscous mixture per serving.
If you’re looking for additional fiber, check out the whole-wheat couscous at the market. Also, check out the variety of seasoned chicken broths now available in your market. We use broth with lemon and herbs, but you might like to try the roasted vegetable and herb variety.
Cut the chicken thighs into chunks, divide the dish among six people instead of four, and decrease the per-serving PointsPlus™ values by 3.
You'll also love
- Beef Spiedies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Eggplant Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Toscano Mushroom Manicotti with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- debs famous meaty pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bow Tie Beef Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Sun-Dried Tomato and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tunisian Couscous (variation with... 0/5 (0 Votes)