- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups, 1/4 inch thick sliced potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. Fold a 36x18 inch piece of heavy foil in half to make an 18-inch square. Lightly coat one side of the foil square with nonstick cooking spray. On coated surface, arrange half of the bacon in the center of the foil. Top with half of the potatoes, half of the sweet pepper, half of the onion, and half of the cheese. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and black pepper. Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
2. Lightly coat one side of another 18 inch square piece of double thickness heavy foil with nonstick cooking spray; place it, coated side down, on top of potato stack. Seal all edges with a double fold, leaving space for steam to build. Grill vegetable packet on the grill rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning packet once. Makes 8 servings.