Strawberry and Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance (or 1 stick unsalted butter)
- 1 cup Sugar in the Raw
- 1/2 cup applesauce (or 2 large eggs)
- 1-1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Silk (or regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- Dark chocolate chips
Adapted from neverhomemaker.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
In a large bowl, cream together the Earth Balance (butter) and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add the applesauce 1/4 cup at a time (or eggs one at a time). Beat well after each addition. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the soy milk (milk). Mix for 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, fold in the vanilla, strawberries, and chocolate chips. Fill the cupcake liners one-half to three-quarters full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
Cool cupcakes in the pan.
You'll also love
- Deep-Fried Ham and Cheese Stuffed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Shiitake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- peter's pumpkin pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Multi-Grain Blueberry Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Jello 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach, Arugula & Strawberry Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)